Café Royal “Agent’s Choice” Promotion
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Café Royal “Agent’s Choice” promotion (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of Stuart Alexander & Co Pty Ltd (Promoter), the agencies Serviceplan Suisse AG or Plan.Net Suisse AG, participating retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. The Promotion commences at 9am AEST on Monday 27 June 2016 and closes at 23.59pm AEST on Sunday 15 September 2016 (Promotion Period).
4. To enter the Prize draw, entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
(a) Obtain a promotional code (Promotional Code) by either:
(i) purchasing any limited edition Café Royal Agent’s Choice Espresso product and obtaining the code from under the lid;
(ii) visiting the Café Royal ‘Agent’s Choice’ website www.cafe-royal.com/agents-choice (Website) and clicking on the link to generate a Promotional Code;
(b) Follow the prompts on the Website to enter their Promotional Code and access the online entry form; and
(c) Check the box indicating that they have read the terms and conditions and complete and submit the online entry form.
5. No purchase is necessary to take part in the Promotion, however there may be costs associated with accessing the Website to submit an entry. These costs will vary depending on the Internet service provider used and are the sole cost of the entrant.
6. Only one (1) entry per person into the Prize draw is permitted. The Promoter is entitled to exclude from the Promotion any participants using a pseudonym, a false identity or participating with multiple registrations.
7. All entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant. Records of the Promoter are final and conclusive as to time of receipt. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The use of any automated entry software, services or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter is prohibited and will render the entry submitted by that entrant invalid. An entry must contain a current and valid email address to be a valid entry.
9. Entrants must only enter the Promotion in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, email address and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity or email address of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity or email address of the entrant.
11. The Major Prize draw will take place at Greeneagle Distribution and Fulfilment - Unit 10, 20 Ricketty Street, Mascot NSW 2020 on 20th September 2016 at 2pm AEST. The first entry drawn in the Major Prize draw will win the Major Prize. The Major Prize winner will be notified, by email at the email address recorded on the entry, within two (2) business days of the draw taking place. The name of the Major Prize winner will be published in The Australian on 28th September 2016.
12. The Minor Prize draws will take place at Greeneagle Distribution and Fulfilment - Unit 10, 20 Ricketty Street, Mascot NSW 2020 at 2pm AEST on the following dates (Draw Date):
(a) Draw 1: 5 August 2016
(b) Draw 2: 5 September 2016
13. Entries into the Minor Prize draw will be split into the following State/Territory groups: NSW/ACT, VIC/TAS, QLD/NT, SA and WA (State Group). The first two valid entries drawn per State Group on each Draw Date will each win a Minor Prize.
14. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. In the event of a business or corporate entrant being drawn as a prize winner, the prize will be awarded to the business or corporation to allocate the prize. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Each Minor Prize will consist of a barista box which contains seven (7) samples of Café Royal coffee products chosen at random by the Promoter, two (2) Café Royal Espresso glasses and fourteen (14) Café Royal sugar sticks. The name of the Minor Prize winners will also be published on the promotional Website.
16. The Major Prize will consist of a trip for two (2) adults to London, United Kingdom to participate in a barista course and meet and greet Robbie Williams. The Major Prize will include:
(a) two (2) return economy airfares from either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide, depending on Prize winner’s location (Prize Travel), with airline to be selected and booked by the Promoter at its discretion;
(b) All airline and airport taxes;
(c) Return transfers from the airport to hotel in London;
(d) Four (4) nights 4-star twin share or double room accommodation in London (with hotel to be selected and booked by the Promoter at its discretion); and
(e) Participation for two (2) in a barista course and meet and greet with Robbie Williams.
17. Total Prize pool valued at up to AUD $8,800 depending on date and point of departure.
18. Taxes (including airline and airport taxes), costs associated with obtaining insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, tems of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Major Prize winner, and are not included. The Major Prize, or any portion of it (unused or not), is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise stated. Frequent flyer points will not be awarded to the Prize winner as part of the Prize.
19. The Major Prize winner may be required to present their credit card and passport at time of accommodation check in.
20. Each Prize winner acknowledges that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third party prize suppliers. Each Prize winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions before taking the Prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility, and is not liable for, any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the Prize, or for the breach of those conditions by any person.
21. Prize Travel is subject to fare rules and other carriers’ conditions of carriage. Tickets will not be exchanged for another destination. The Prize winner cannot upgrade any Prize Travel or Prize Accommodation using cash or frequent flyer points. The Prize winner must stay at the nominated hotel. Prize Travel is subject to airline availability in economy class. Blackout periods apply during Christmas and Easter. Availability during holiday periods may also be extremely limited. The Prize winner must book Prize Travel and Prize Accommodation through the Promoter, unless advised otherwise at the time of claiming the Prize. The Prize winner must contact Promoter at least 10 working days before intended travel in order to allow bookings to be made. Flight schedules and accommodation arrangements are subject to change without notice.
22. Tickets for Prize Travel must be issued before 6 December 2016. Validity of ticket(s) is subject to fare rules and carrier’s conditions of carriage, and all tickets must be used together, on the same travel dates. The Prize winner and companion must travel together. Date change permitted subject to fare rules and carrier’s conditions of carriage for a fee. Prize Travel tickets are not transferable, not redeemable for cash and their validity cannot be extended.
23. If the Major Prize winner cannot travel in accordance with these conditions of entry, the Major Prize will be forfeited.
24. As a condition of accepting a Prize, each Prize winner (and their companions, if applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers/operators in their absolute discretion.
25. If for any reason a Prize winner does not take a Prize (or an element of a Prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
26. If a Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a Prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
27. A second chance draw may take place at the same hour and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority, as follows:
(a) For a Major Prize, 2 November 2016; and
(b) For a Minor Prize, three months after the date of the Prize draw.
28. The Prize winner will be notified, by email at the address recorded on the entry, within two (2) business days. If the second chance draw is for the Major Prize then the name of the Prize winner will also be published in The Australian on 8th November 2016. In the event of a business or corporate entrant being drawn as a winner, the Prize will be awarded to the business or corporation to allocate the Prize. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
30. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
31. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the Prize winner or entrant; (f) use of a prize, or (g) otherwise in connection with the Promotion.
34. For any queries regarding this promotion, individuals can contact customer service on 1800 188 484 or NCSC@stalex.com.au. Open 8am-4pm.
35. The Promoter is Stuart Alexander & Co Pty Limited, P.O. Box 950, Ultimo, NSW 2007, Australia, 1800 188 484.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/04601
ACT Permit No. TP16/01175
SA Permit No. T16/1033