Pomegranate and espresso? Our alcohol-free signature drink L’Amour Fizz once again proves that opposites attract – and complement each other perfectly.
An espresso can be served as a single shot, double shot or macchiato. And when mixed in a cocktail, most people tend to add lots of cream – something that sends a shiver down the spine of passionate mixologists. On the bar scene, espresso has long become established as one of the most popular and peppy cocktail ingredients and has made its way into a large number of drinks – and not just the classic Espresso Martini. A trend that we are happy to embrace.
A pick-me-up at the end of the day
The L’Amour Fizz is as extravagant and avant-garde as Paris itself, and combines three seemingly incongruous ingredients into one harmonious, delicious drink: soda, pomegranate syrup and Agent’s Choice Espresso No. 2. It may not be love at first sight, but rather at second sight, and certainly one that grows greater with every sip.
The red Fizz is refreshing, pleasantly sour and lightly invigorating, and meets all of the requirements for the perfect after-work cocktail. And since an after-work drink is best enjoyed during the week, our version is alcohol-free. So go ahead, have just one more. After the third one, you may have a bit of trouble falling asleep, however ...
Ingredients for a L’Amour Fizz (approx. 350 ml):
25 ml Agent’s Choice Espresso No. 2
220 ml pomegranate syrup/grenadine
1 orange slice
Ingredients for the pomegranate syrup (approx. 200 ml):
100 ml pomegranate juice
100 g white sugar
around 5 minutes
long-drink glass, pot, small bottle/jam glass
Preparation: pomegranate syrup
To make a L’Amour Fizz, you can purchase high-quality grenadine or make your own pomegranate syrup using real pomegranate juice:
1) Pour the pomegranate juice and sugar in a pot.
2) Heat the mixture until the sugar completely dissolves, then remove the pot from the heat.
3) Allow the syrup to cool, then pour it into a small bottle or jam glass.
Preparation: L’Amour Fizz
1) Fill a long-drink glass to the top with ice cubes.
2) Add the syrup, then pour in the mineral water. Leave a thumb’s width of space for the espresso.
3) Prepare a fresh cup of Agent’s Choice Espresso No. 2 and pour it in the glass.
4) Garnish the drink with a few pomegranate seeds and a slice of orange.
Whether on the banks of the Seine or your neighbour’s rooftop terrace: the unconventional L’Amour Fizz is the perfect way to end an evening in style, no matter where you spend it.